Project X exhibition installation

my Tate project finished this week with a group exhibition in the linear gallery

I was originally thinkimh about spray painting the wall to get a smooth coat of paint over my wall however after a discussion with the technician I discovered this would be difficult due to the fumes whiles spray painting instead it was recommended i use a small gloss roller which created the same effect i wanted as the spray paint IMG_1814

I then hung the same polystyrene hemisphere i had painted the previous week while i was developing my piece and, same as before hung it on a nail which was hidden inside the hemisphere. Following a tutors suggestion I then used filler around the edges of the hemisphere.IMG_1825

After painting the filler Cadmium Red the same as both the wall and hemisphere everything started to blend into each other as if the hemisphere was a part of the wall bulging out of it. I then repainted using the roller the wall and filler. every 30 minutes afterwards i would repaint the hemisphere until the paint hid the earlier brush marks and any indication that the hemisphere was made of polystyrene. when finished it neither looked or felt like polystyrene.

IMG_1832Finished piece IMG_1844

Afterwards all I had left to was to help install everyone else’s work IMG_1851

Linear Gallery entrance


One thought on “Project X exhibition installation

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s